Solutions for Our Climate (SFOC) is an independent policy research and advocacy group that aims to make emissions trajectories across Asia compatible with the Paris Agreement 1.5°C warming target. SFOC is led by legal, economic, financial, and environmental experts with experience in energy and climate policy.
Since its founding in 2016, SFOC has led strategic campaigns on coal power phase-out, renewables, and climate finance. More recently, we have expanded our work beyond the power sector, establishing oil and gas, legal, steel, methane, maritime transportation and land-use programs. SFOC’s effectiveness comes from its extensive digital and media communication, legal strategy, diplomatic and political network, and leadership among grassroots campaigns.
SFOC’s power program works to create a fair and reliable power market for renewables by introducing proper governance and market design in power sector regulations, addressing the unfair treatment of renewables or flexibility resources, and organizing the corporate voice against Korea’s outdated power sector.
SFOC is seeking an experienced leader who can supervise our work on power sector governance. The ideal candidate will have a legal background with several years of experience in legal research. More specifically, the Senior Policy Analyst will identify and address market design and governance irregularities which are hampering fair treatment of renewable or flexible resources in the Korean power system. The person will also coordinate with the SFOC team to reveal such irregularities. This role reports to the Head of SFOC’s Power Program.
The Senior Policy Analyst – Power Sector Governance will be responsible for the following:
- Supervise and operate the power team’s power sector governance and market design work
- Refine SFOC’s current strategy to improve power sector governance and market design to ensure more penetration of renewables and flexible resources
- Oversee and conduct research on domestic and international policies/technologies regarding power sector governance and market design
- Engage Korean policymakers and power market stakeholders to accelerate the improvement of renewable and grid flexibility regulations
- Organize seminars or workshops and coordinate relevant legal action with SFOC’s legal team
- Collaborate with other SFOC program and network teams
- Correspond with international and/or domestic climate organization partners and find opportunities for collaboration
- Admission to the Korean Bar preferred, but not a prerequisite
- Experience in leading a team
- Strategic thinking and effective communication skills
- Proficiency in Korean and English
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
Required documents for application:
- Korean or English Resume/CV
- Cover letter in Korean or English
How to apply:
Email: email@example.com (with the following file name: SFOC_PMG_[Your Name])