More than 2 years of experience
Solutions for Our Climate (SFOC) is an independent policy research and advocacy group that aims to make emissions trajectories across Asia compatible with the Paris Agreement 1.5°C warming target. SFOC is led by legal, economic, financial, and environmental experts with experience in energy and climate policy.
Since its founding in 2016, SFOC has led strategic campaigns on coal power phase-out, renewables, and climate finance. More recently, we have expanded our work beyond the power sector, establishing oil and gas, legal, steel, methane, maritime transportation, and land-use programs. SFOC’s effectiveness comes from its extensive digital and media communication, legal strategy, diplomatic and political network, and leadership among grassroots campaigns.
SFOC’s power program aims to establish a fair and reliable power market for renewables by introducing proper governance and market design in power sector regulations, addressing the unfair treatment of renewables or flexibility resources, and organizing the corporate voice against Korea’s outdated power sector.
SFOC is seeking an experienced talent who will carry out corporate engagement work. Specifically, the person will be responsible for works to mobilize both global and local corporate renewable energy buyers to develop unified asks, thereby raising the voice of the highest electricity consumers leading to quick expansion of renewable electricity and much needed power market reforms in the medium to long term. SFOC’s power team will do this by collaborating with NGOs and other stakeholders and engaging directly with Korean and multinational companies.
- Carry out power team’s corporate engagement work
- Provide support to the power team with setting relevant strategy and goals and document them; and set priorities for tasks
- Continuously monitor the work process and provide feedback to the Power Programme Head especially when issues arise
- Effectively build and manage relationships with relevant NGOs and corporates, with a focus on the Korean market
- Oversee and conduct research on policies and context regarding Korean corporate renewable procurement
- Coordinate international and domestic event and delivery messaging
- Coordinate with SFOC’s other program and network teams
Key Skills and Qualifications
- More than 2 years of relevant experience
- Strategic thinking and effective communication skills
- Familiarity with Korean corporate structure and business culture
- Fluency in both Korean and English (both writing and speaking)
- Corporate experience and proven track record in managing relationships with both working-level and senior executives (Preferred)
- Understanding and passion for sustainability and climate issues
Required Application Documents
- English or Korean Cover Letter and Resume (In PDF or MS Word format)
To apply: by email to email@example.com (제목: SFOC_Power CE_Your Name)
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding in advance.