International Communications Associate
Solutions for Our Climate (SFOC) is an independent policy research and advocacy group that aims to make emissions trajectories across Asia compatible with the Paris Agreement 1.5°C warming target. SFOC is led by legal, economic, financial, and environmental experts with experience in energy and climate policy.
Since its founding in 2016, SFOC has led strategic campaigns on coal power phase-out, renewables, and climate finance. More recently, we have expanded our work beyond the power sector, establishing oil and gas, legal, steel, and land-use programs, with plans to cover maritime transportation and methane emissions. SFOC’s effectiveness comes from its extensive digital and media communication, legal strategy, political network, and leadership among grassroots campaigns.
SFOC is seeking a communications professional who can support the international communications program. The ideal candidate has at least 1-2 years of experience in the field, is an excellent writer, a creative self-starter, and has passion to address climate change.
- Pitching and writing climate stories relevant to SFOC’s mission statement and demonstrating an eagerness to try and experiment with different mediums
- Building and maintaining relationships with international and English-language press both in Korea and abroad
- Assisting with developing communications plans and strategies in support of our climate and energy research and campaigns
- Monitoring the latest climate news and actively tracking a network of sources to conceive fresh and compelling ways to raise awareness on the climate crisis
- Collaborating with other teams and international reporters on a variety of assignments
- Assisting in promotional tasks such as maintaining SFOC’s various social media channels
- Experience with writing and/or social media;
- Demonstrated understanding of and/or experience with developing research-based communications strategies including framing and message development;
- Fluency in English and Korean (Speaking, writing)
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and the agility to work in ambiguous and unpredictable settings
- Strategic thinking and project management capability
Required documents for application:
- English or Korean Resume/CV
- Cover letter in English or Korean
- (Preferred) Writing sample
How to apply:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (제목: 기후솔루션_해외컴즈_지원자이름)
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding in advance.
- SFOC Team: http://forourclimate.org/sub/team_list.html
- Korea Beyond Coal: http://beyondcoal.kr
- Instagram (SFOC): https://www.instagram.com/solutions_forourclimate/
- Instagram (KBC): https://www.instagram.com/koreabeyondcoal/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/solutionsforourclimate
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGVaLECumju8cIHHKo6Rgpg
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/forourclimate